Become an occupational therapy assistant now!
Remember we keep the class size small, and we don’t want you to lose out on having the chance to be part of our next class.
Click here to apply if you have already taken prerequisites and are ready to apply for Union's OTA program. Applicants are accepted until October for each new cohort. Classes for new cohorts begin each January.
If you are just starting college and need to enroll in the full two-year associate program, click here for Union College's admission application.
Guarantee your spot!
Guarantee your spot in the OTA program as soon as you enroll in Union College!
Before applying to the OTA program, students must complete a pre-OTA semester. With guaranteed admission, your spot in the OTA program is secured at the time of enrollment to Union College.
High school students enrolling in college for the first time who meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum score of 24 on the ACT or 1190 on the SAT 1600 scale.
If you meet the criteria, secure your spot by completing the Union College application.
Take a look.
Admission requirements for Union's OTA degree program.
1. Fill out the application.
2. Meet the academic and observation criteria.
3. Meet minimum grade requirements for pre-requisite courses.
4. Submit the required documents.
Here's how we rank applicants.
Scoring and Ranking
Scoring is based on a weighted calculation of the applicant's academic performance, written essay, resume scoring and extra credit.
Here's what happens.
After you're accepted...
Steps after acceptance to the program
Background and drug test—Students will be required to complete a background check and drug screen prior to participation in fieldwork. Unsatisfactory results on these screens could result in termination from the OTA program. Please communicate any questions or concerns about this requirement to the OTA Program Director.
Keep your grades up.
Maintaining good academic standing
Once accepted into the OTA program, students are expected to meet criteria for maintaining good academic standing. This includes:
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Achieving a minimum grade of “C” in all OTA program courses
- Progressing through OTA courses as outlined in the Union College Bulletin. Students may petition the sequence based upon the College petition policy when appropriate.